Expected outcomes for participants include:
- A greater ability to locate and palpate specific soft tissue.
- A deeper understanding of The Berry Method® of Corrective Massage and its approach of associating functional anatomy with the principles of Structural and Hydraulic Engineering.
- Enhancement of skills in recognizing and connecting the 'dots' via clients description of concerns, you 'feeling' the soft tissue adhesions/distortions, and that involvement in dysfunction and pain.
- Enrichment of proficiency in appropriate application of massage technique for correcting soft tissue dysfunction to encourage the restoration of pain-free function in joint movement.
- A more precise understanding of the Golgi Tendon Organ.
- A clearer comprehension of actionable information within Trigger Points.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced corrective massage techniques using accurate contact, depth, and direction.
Taum's classes present unique insights into the human body’s natural built-in maintenance, recovery and health management abilities with respect to the muscular influences.
Taum's 35+ years of practical experience includes working on members of The SF 49ers, the US Ski team and regular folks just wanting their pain to disappear.
Combining his practical experience with modern Power Point presentations creates an unparalleled learning environment.
Contemplate the amazing functions of the human body: camera eyes, radio ears, valves, tubes, pulleys, hinges, arches, temperature control, chemical laboratories, a continual repair system, a telegraphic nervous system, a structural and mobile frame, storage space, sewage disposal, pipelines, filters, and pumps.
Such is the mechanism of the body,
and what is more ----- its works!!
There are muscular components within each of these functions, components that when mired in adhesion and distortion can create untold tension.
When adhesions and distortions are reduced within the soft tissue layers via corrective massage, the body is more able to perform its continual repair and maintenance duties and function without the hindrance of muscular tension---
it works better!!!
Your tactile abilities allow you to feel that tension within the muscle tissue.
Do you understand the variety of components and tissue relationships that contribute to that tension?
Do you know how to recognize and correct the adhesions and distortions that can be the primary factors in that dysfunctional body part that is creating a 'pain' signal?
Do you have adequate techniques in your tactile toolbox?
Should you wish to reply with a solid YES...Taum's classes can aid you in your ongoing pursuit of knowledge and refined efficient skills.
According to one student, this technique has become her go-to 'deep tissue technique' and she now "Works smarter, not harder".
The Berry Method® is termed corrective as the intention is to directly address and correct the numerous MUSCULAR components within the tensions and adaptive compensations that are often associated with pain, physical trauma, postural distortions, etc.
A variety of physical disorders are characterized by a distortion within skeletal muscles. This is often a primary contributing factor in many muscular/skeletal problems.
Obviously, pain directly affects physical health and performance.
Pain can also serve as an important indication of how the muscles are currently functioning, providing the educated and aware therapist an indicator of the protocols required to reduce those pains. Any pain can decrease efficiency of movement and create undesirable injuries and compensations. The physical-muscular adaptations created as a result of pain can trigger more pain and other injuries far away from the site of the original problem.
When something hurts,
consider that as an important message....
one that should be respected and corrected ASAP!!!