One of the primary goals within the Taums approach to Corrective Massage is to establish, encourage, and maintain the body’s core balance.
There are several foundational guidelines:
Corrective work throughout the body has an enhanced opportunity to be effective and long-lasting when core musculature is in a balanced state.
- The human body has an innate ability to ‘repair and maintain’ itself.
- When presented with pain and/or dysfunction, it is presumed this natural ability has been compromised via trauma, adaptation, repetitive stress, etc.
- This innate ability is greatly influenced by the state of balance within the core musculature.
- The compromises are often the result of muscular/soft tissue imbalances. (spasm, adhesion, distortion…)
- By maintaining core balance, the body can get back to fixing and maintaining itself.
- Corrective work throughout the body has an enhanced opportunity to last when one's core is balanced.